Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Cafeteria & Retail Store
Veterans Canteen Service
Located on the first floor, Veterans Canteen Service provides delicious, freshly prepared foods that are served at reasonable prices to families, caregivers, VA employees, volunteers and visitors. In the Patriot Cafe, a wide selection of foods is available, including specialized menu items, and all foods are prepared with Trans Fat Free oils and spreads. The Canteen sells approximately fifteen meals that cost less than $5.00 and accepts cash, credit and debit as payment. The Canteen is closed on weekends and holidays, but maintains 24-hour vending areas located in the facility, including one on the first, third and fifth floors.
- Monday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Veterans Canteen Service also operates a retail store, located near the dining area on the first floor. The retail store provides reasonably priced merchandise and services essential to the comfort and well-being of our Veterans, their families, caregivers, VA employees, volunteers and visitors. Products sold through the retail store include health and beauty care products, beverages and snacks, entertainment and electronic items, gifts and stationary items and a menâ€™s and womenâ€™s department that includes clothing and casual sportswear.
Retail Store Hours
- Monday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
The Retail Store and CanteenÂ are closed on Holidays.Â