Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Relaxation has been shown to help lower anxiety and stress as well as improve sleep, mood and overall health and wellbeing. Practicing relaxation can help you better deal with the everyday stresses of life, cope with health conditions such as pain, high blood pressure, diabetes, and improve your energy and mood.
These audio downloads can help you get started. You may listen to them in order or choose your favorite tracks. Relaxation can take time to learn and becomes easier with practice. These audio downloads should not be substituted for mental health treatment. If you are struggling with anxiety and/or depression, please contact the Behavioral Health Service Line at (573) 814-6486.
- Track 1: Introduction and Relaxed Breathing - (9 min 12 sec)
- Track 2: Passive Muscle Relaxation - (17 min 14 sec)
- Track 3: Progressive Muscle Relaxation - (20 min 39 sec)
- Track 4: Visualization - (13 min 55 sec)
- Track 5: Mindfulness and Meditation - (18 min 16 sec)