Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Pathways to Healing from MST
For Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Truman VA is hosting an event on Wednesday, April 3 from 10 am to 3 pm in Truman VA's auditorium. The event will showcase artwork and other mediums done by Military Sexual Trauma (MST) survivors and those who support them. This event is free and open to the public.
What is MST? MST includes any sexual activity that you are involved with against your will. Examples include:
- Being pressured or coerced into sexual activities, such as with threats of negative treatment if you refuse to cooperate or with promises of better treatment in exchange for sex
- Someone having sexual contact with you without your consent, such as when you were asleep or intoxicated
- Being physically forced to have sex
- Being touched in a sexual way that made you uncomfortable
- Repeated comments about your body or sexual activities
- Threatening and unwanted sexual advances
Truman VA is dedicated in providing top quality care to our Veterans who have dealt with an MST during their time in service. If you, or someone you know, has experienced an MST and wants help, please contact Grant O'Neal, Truman VA's MST coordinator at (573)814-6481.