Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Construction Update: We’re Expanding and Improving
Current Parking for Patients:The first phase of the parking structure opened November 2016 for Patient and Visitor parking.
- Impatient Psychiatry Ward was completed. This has improved the safety of our Veterans who receive care there. All the rooms were updated with the greatest emphasis on safety, security, and comfort.
- The new Audiology area has been completed and is now located in the former Cardiology clinic.
- Phase 1 of the parking structures was completed November 2016.
- Construction of a Patient Education Center completed January 2017.
- Patient privacy project - moving the 6 Surgery ward to the 3rd floor was completed February 2018.
- Construction of a new Dental Clinic on the third floor of the ACA was opened April 2017.
- The ICU relocation was completed November 2017.
- Relocate Nuclear Medicine was completed September 2017.
Projects Under Construction
- 6th floor renovation, slated to be completed by Winter 2018.
- Ambulatory Care Addition Expansion (3rd floor of ACA) Scheduled for completion Winter 2018
- Replace Exterior Signage, scheduled to be complete Summer of 2018.
Projects in Design
- Renovate Basement Lounge and Locker Rooms
- Remodel 5th floor
- Replace OR 5 Equipment
Upcoming Projects (Design/Construction)
- Expand Parking Garage (Construction)
- Renovate Vacated 6 Surgery (Construction) (ELT offices and Credentialing)
- Relocate Community Living Center Phase 1(Construction) ( Constructs 14 bed standalone facility in Lot C)
- Expand Pharmacy (Construction) This will be a 2 story addition on the Northeast corner of the ACA.
- Infrastructure Projects (Construction) (Replace Air Handler # 2, Install Animal Research air handler, East and West roof replacements)
- Renovate Main Lobby (Construction)
- Renovate Entrance Vestibule ( Construction)
- Renovate Research A (Design)
- Renovate Vacated Dental Space (Design)
- Replace Air Handlers 3 and 4 (Design)
- Relocate Step Down Unit (Design)