Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Flu Shot Information
Friday, September 23, 2011
Flu Shots are now available! Enrolled Veterans have three options to get a free flu shot:
- Ask for a free flu shot at your scheduled appointment in the following clinics:
- Primary Care (Red, White, Blue, Silver, or CBOC),
- Mental Health (Green Team
- Chemo Clinic.
- Come to the Flu Clinic Monday thru Friday 8:00am – 3:30 pm. It is located in the former Imaging (X-Ray) Department.
- Drop into your CBOC (Community Based Outpatient Clinic). If you can, please call first and try to avoid noon-1:00pm.
- Be sure to bring along your Veteran Identification Card.
- If you have received a flu shot someplace else (Walmart, Walgreens, Health Department, private doctor, etc.), please call and let us know.
Additional steps you can take to ward off the flu:
- Avoid people who are sick
- Clean hands often
- Keep hands away from face
- Cover coughs and sneezes