Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Emergency Department Renovations
Beginning this month, the Emergency Department will undergo renovation. The renovation is a four-phase project with estimated completion in mid-January 2014. The estimated completion dates for each phase are as follows:
- Phase One – May 1
- Phase Two – September 1
- Phase Three – November 1
- Phase Four – December 31.
As we begin renovation, it’s important you know the following:
- The Emergency Department will be open during the renovation project.
- We anticipate increased wait times due to decreased bed availability.
- Veterans should continue to use their Patient Aligned Care Team for non-urgent issues.
- The new Emergency Department will have improved patient privacy and increased bed capacity.
We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience as we work to improve this space.
Learn more about current and upcoming construction projects at Truman VA.