Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Community Homelessness Assessment
It is time again for the annual CHALENG survey!
CHALENG stands for Community Homelessness Assessment, Local Education and Networking Groups.
Each year Project CHALENG surveys three groups to gain information on the current perceptions of the met and unmet needs for veterans experiencing homelessness in our community. These three groups consist of:
- Local veterans – specifically those who are currently experiencing homelessness or those who are formerly homeless
- VA staff – including ALL clinical staff
- Community participants – local government, service providers, community partners, interested parties, etc.
Your participation and feedback is critical! The results of the CHALENG survey are one way we are able to gain support to develop programs and services.
In past years the feedback from this survey has helped us provide programs and services to address the top unmet needs of veterans, examples include:
- Access to permanent housing vouchers through the HUD VASH program
- More HUD VASH info @ http://www.va.gov/homeless/hud-vash.asp
- Access to dental care for veterans experiencing homelessness through the Homeless Veterans Dental Program
- More HVDP info @ http://www.va.gov/homeless/dental.asp
- Awareness of the need for homeless prevention services that lead to the creation of the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans and the Supportive Services to Veteran Families grant
- Creating a new legal clinic with Mid Missouri Legal that offers free legal services to veterans in these areas:
- Advice, referrals, negotiating settlements, preparing legal documents, representing clients in court and administrative hearings, providing an uncontested divorce clinic
All surveys must be completed by 12/31/2013.
For more information on the CHALENG Survey or to see the most recent CHALENG survey results, please visit: http://www.va.gov/homeless/chaleng.asp.
To take the survey, please click on the link below: