Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Contact the Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation's Veterans. For additional contact information you may also view our phone directory or A to Z List of Services.
Hospital hours of operation are 7 days a week, 24 hours everyday. Clinic hours at the Medical Center and Community Based Outpatient Clinics are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.
Hospital Main Number: (573) 814-6000
Contact a Patient
If you would like to send a card, gift or flowers to a patient, the mailing address is:
Patient Name (Patient Room Number)
c/o Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans' Hospital
800 Hospital Drive
Columbia, MO 65201
Billing and Insurance
Contact the Billing Office at (573) 814-6445 for questions regarding co-payments and charges.
Contact our local Caregiver Support Program Coordinator, Denise Heet at (573) 814-6204 or the National Caregiver Support line toll-free at (800) 260-3274. For more information, you may also visit VA's national caregiver website.
Call your local health care eligibility and enrollment representative at (573) 814-6000 extension 53071.
Find out about job opportunities at Truman VA through Human Resources. If you need additional information, call (573) 814-6400.
If you have a compliment, complaint or other concern that you believe requires attention, please contact our Patient Advocate at (573) 814-6594.
Learn how to order pharmacy refills online, over the phone or by mail.
If you would like to learn more about joining our Nursing staff, please contact our Human Resources at (573) 814-6400.
For Media inquiries, please contact the Public Affairs Officer, L. Stephen Gaither, at (573) 814-6308.
Release of Information
If you need to get information from your medical records, please contact our Release of Information Office at (573) 814-6440.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please contact the Medical Center (573) 814-6000 and press #2 to speak with the Patient Communication Center.
Service Officers are located on the fifth floor at Truman VA. Representative and their contact information are listed below.
- American Legion, Willis Farless, (573) 814-6010
- Disabled American Veterans, Bob Crawford, (573) 814-6012
- Disabled American Veterans, Michael James, (573) 814-6006
- Missouri Career Center, Craig Morton, (573) 814-6003
- Veteran of Foreign Wars, Larry Jenkins, (573) 814-6007
Truman VA offers several special programs. Contact information for each program is listed below.
- Former Prisoner of War (FPOW), Advocate Veronica Ramnarine, (573) 814-6638
- Homeless Veterans, Sarah Froese, (573) 814-6648
- Minority Veterans, Karlin Kilburn, (573) 814-6000 ext. 53091
- My HealtheVet, Heather Brown, (573) 814-6677
- OEF/OIF, Stacey Dennis, (573) 814-6639
- Women Veterans Program, Cindy Stivers, (573) 814-6457
- Veteran Justice Program, Danielle Easter, (573) 814-6644
- Visually Impaired Veterans, Lauren Swift, (573) 814-6458
If you have questions related to Travel Pay, contact the Patient Benefits Supervisor at (573) 814-6000 extension 56437.
Veterans Benefit Administration (VBA)
If you have questions regarding Veterans benefits, you may contact the Regional Office at (800) 827-1000. Service Officers are available at the Medical Center to assist with claims.
If you would like to become a volunteer, contact Voluntary Service at (573) 814-6000 extension 52538.