Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Construction Update: We’re Expanding and Improving
Sterile Processing Service (SPS) Relocation
The new Sterile Processing Service has been relocated and opened January 2015. This project doubled the size of the department and created modern efficiencies for the facility.
Other Projects Under Construction
- Phase 1 of the Inpatient Psychiatry Ward has been completed and Phase 2 started at the end of March 2015. This will improve the safety of our Veterans who receive care in that area. Rooms were updated with the greatest emphasis on safety, security, and comfort.
- Phase 1 of the Cardiology Relocation is scheduled to be complete by May 2015. This will relocate the Cardiology area to the former Veterans Patriot Store and cafeteria area.
- Parking Garage construction is slated to start summer of 2015. More to come on this topic.
- Construction of a new Dental Clinic will begin in May 2015.
Projects in Design
- Relocate Intensive Care Unit
- Infrastructure projects, i.e., air conditioning, water riser shutoff valves
Upcoming Projects (Design/Construction)
- Ambulatory Care Addition Expansion (Oncology/Specialty Care)
- Relocate Nuclear Medicine
- Infrastructure projects, i.e., sanitary waste, steam generator
- Construction of a Patient Education Center
Information as of March 30, 2015.