Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
Construction Update: We’re Expanding and Improving
Current Parking for Patients:
During our Patient Garage construction, please stay in the Green areas when parking at Truman VA Hospital. Remember, we have free valet parking available.
- Phase 1 and 2 of the Psychiatry Ward has been completed. This has improved the safety of our Veterans who receive care there. All the rooms were updated with the greatest emphasis on safety, security, and comfort.
- The new Audiology area has been completed and is now located in the former Cardiology clinic.
Projects Under Construction
- Phase 2 of the Cardiology Relocation is scheduled to be complete by April 2016. This will relocate the Cath Labs.
- Phase 1 of the Parking Garage has started and is slated to be completed by November 2016.
- Construction of a new Dental Clinic on the third floor of the ACA is scheduled to be completed by June 2016.
- The ICU relocation is underway and is slated to be completed in December 2016.
- Construction of a Patient Education Center
Projects in Design
- Expand Pharmacy and re-design lobby. This will be a 2 story addition on the Northeast corner of the ACA.
- Patient privacy project - moving the 6 Surgery ward to the 3rd floor.
Upcoming Projects (Design/Construction)
- Ambulatory Care Addition Expansion (Oncology/Specialty Care)
- Infrastructure projects, i.e., replace water risers, steam generator
- Expand Parking garage